• The Brazilian Foreign Office bases its actions on reciprocity, visitors from some foreign countries will require a visa which is usually processed within two working days by applying to the nearest Brazilian Embassy or Consulate. Requirements for a tourist visa include a passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival, one passport size photograph and a round trip ticket.
• The visa is not required for most of the European and South American countries.
• North and Central American, most Asian and African countries, Australia and New Zealand have to apply for a business or tourist visa.
• In the United States the Brazilian Embassy is located in Washington D.C. and Brazilian Consulates are located in Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco.
• The application may be submitted by mail and the fee is around U$130.00. A yellow fever vaccination is advisable if you are visiting the North, Northeast or Central part of Brazil.